Atlantis Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 169 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 am

community projects

4 posters

Go down

community projects Empty community projects

Post  eraticus Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:10 pm

We haven't really had any big, fun, community projects in a while. I got to thinking just now, I haven't read the discworld books in a long time but I will probably buy them and read them once I finish the book I'm currently reading. I'm not entirely sure of the logistics of this but how would you guys feel about recreating the discworld in minecraft? Or maybe the ringworld, For that we'd have to get a map looping teleporter type mod but it's doable. The discworld one is a fun idea if we keep the turtle fairly shallow say 50-60 blocks tall we could do it with the flat map we have now. I forget, were there elephants on the back of the turtle holding up the discworld or is that another thing I'm thinking of?

community projects Discworld-map

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

community projects Empty Re: community projects

Post  jswizzy84 Mon Oct 24, 2011 7:41 pm

community projects Paul_Kidby_Discworld
jswizzy84
jswizzy84

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:15 pm

The more I think about it the more I like it. I know they have talked about configurable world heights in (1.9?) the future and have tested it out with good results in the 256 height range. I just flew up that high on the flat map and it would make for some truly epic mountains. I would be really into the idea of building a big map with some people. Either we could each take the map a week or so and build on it then upload it to the server when it's done or one of us could host it and we could build it together. I think this massive of a project might tend to lag out the server. But if it stays as slow as it's been for the last couple weeks that may not be an issue. I can install a mod now so we can extend the height limit or we can just wait for the update.

Would any of you be interested in doing this? The idea would be to build a really epic world first and then let people build in it afterwards. We could even set it up to be semi realistic by building mines with stratified veins of minerals so you could have coal mines, iron mines, etc. Then the mining could stay restricted to certain areas and we could just fill them back up when they were empty.

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Xacktar Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:18 am

Discworld!!!!!!!!!

I love me some Sam Vimes.

(Yes, it was turtle - 4 elephants - disc.)

community projects Hogfather1

I lay claim to building Unseen University.
Xacktar
Xacktar

Back to top Go down

Post  Woojitsu Tue Oct 25, 2011 12:26 pm

My understanding (based on pretty much no research at all) is that current height expansion mods don't play well with others. This does sound like a pretty cool idea, though, and something I'd like to get in on when I have time to come back to the server.

Woojitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down