Atlantis Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 169 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 am

anyone play rtses?

+2
jswizzy84
eraticus
6 posters

Go down

anyone play rtses? Empty anyone play rtses?

Post  eraticus Tue May 24, 2011 9:01 pm

I have been looking at either civ 5, settlers 7 or ruse for a while now. Both ruse and settlers are on sale this week pretty cheap.

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

anyone play rtses? Empty Re: anyone play rtses?

Post  jswizzy84 Tue May 24, 2011 10:54 pm

I was playing Civ V for a bit but I really though it was inferior to Civ IV. If you want a Civ game V isn't one I would recommend.
jswizzy84
jswizzy84

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell Wed May 25, 2011 2:10 am

Sadly, EVERY one of the latest RTS titles has been complete garbage. I LOVE rts games, easily my best and fav gametype. I tried my first one back with StarTrek Armada and been kicking arse since. Sadly, the latest titles have all been a very poorly executed piece. All titles are attempting to lure in the casual gamers that WOW has brought into the field, and it means very simple (and almost completely dumbed down) RTS gameplay.

I would say there are NO RTS (real time) or TBS (turn based) games out there at the moment I would recommend... ever.

... still disappointed by Starcraft 2 and Disciples 3 - damn you WOW, you have turned gamers into mindless zombies! -_-

(If you havn't tried it, and alot of US players seem to have never even heard of it, Disciples 2 is an excellent TBS. I STILL play it, even thought it is severely outdated and still love it... as previously stated, the Disciples 3 that came out about 2 months ago isn't even worth looking up a Youtube. )
steveompowell
steveompowell

Back to top Go down

Post  painless187 Wed May 25, 2011 11:50 am

Civ V kinda sucks. I bought it (hard copy from Amazon and not Steam) and was disappointed actually. Sad

The wife and I are playing Age of Mythology: Titans now and soon to be playing Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge! Muhawhawhaw!!!!!!!!!
painless187
painless187

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell Wed May 25, 2011 12:39 pm

Mech Commander 2 was pretty good aswell. (But you do need to be a bit of a mechwarrior fan to really get into it... didn't cater to mech newbies).

steveompowell
steveompowell

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 Wed May 25, 2011 12:45 pm

painless187 wrote:Civ V kinda sucks. I bought it (hard copy from Amazon and not Steam) and was disappointed actually. Sad

The wife and I are playing Age of Mythology: Titans now and soon to be playing Red Alert 2 Yuri's Revenge! Muhawhawhaw!!!!!!!!!

Westwood studios never forget. Another victim of EA and Activision just like Infinity ward and Neversoft.
jswizzy84
jswizzy84

Back to top Go down

Post  Woojitsu Wed May 25, 2011 12:50 pm

I tend not to play strategy games a whole lot because I just don't have the time to devote to them. Still, every once in a while, I'll dust off Civ IV or C&C: First Decade and have a go. Occasionally, I'll even feel nostalgic enough to fire up an older Sid Meier title like Civ II: Test of Time or Alpha Centauri.

Woojitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell Sun May 29, 2011 12:08 am

One yall may enjoy

www.dreamlords.com

Very interesting setup, hard to describe but alot of fun and challenging.
Also Free to play, and is online. Worth checking out if you havn't. I am reinstalling her now! Wink
steveompowell
steveompowell

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenShadowGS Tue May 31, 2011 5:17 pm

Check out Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity. It is a Very good game, which has been out for a few years and is steadily updated by the developers
Trinity includes the main game and the 2 expansions.

It plays like a real time 4X space strategy game. (read: Unique) You can make giant capital ships which gain EXP and you choose upgrades for them when they level up. Its worth keeping them alive so they grow more powerful. It is a big accomplishment to take down a high level enemy cap ship. Lots of ships compliment each other too. They have abilities which can help nearby allied ships. Like the shield restore of the Dunov cap. It replenishes shields to the nearby ship

GoldenShadowGS

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Tue May 31, 2011 5:34 pm

I've actually looked at that one a few times too. I see it in the $9.99 games section at target a lot.

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenShadowGS Tue May 31, 2011 5:48 pm

I bought it full price when it was released with no regrets. 10 bucks is a true Bargain

GoldenShadowGS

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:31 pm

I ALMOST liked Sins of a solar empire...

Replayablility was low however. Which is a tad odd for a game like that.
Graphics were top notch tho, and the zoom function is DAMNED nice... HOWEVER... you play almost the whole damned round in far out view with just the little symbols everywhere, making the beauty of the game useless.

Galactic Civilizations 2 - also an interesting / fun strategy game I would HIGHLY recommend. *waiting for numero 3*
steveompowell
steveompowell

Back to top Go down

Post  GoldenShadowGS Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:39 pm

The 2 expansions for Sins really helped with replay value.

GoldenShadowGS

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down