Atlantis Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 169 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 am

New ruleset discussion

+10
Attypwn
Locke562
Praitaq
jswizzy84
opedog
tbtregenza
Woojitsu
eraticus
painless187
Saranneth
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

New ruleset discussion - Page 2 Empty Re: New ruleset discussion

Post  eraticus Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:45 pm

I pm'ed xack on the minecraft forums. Hopefully we can hook up with him.

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Locke562 Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:04 pm

I think we should have a clearly marked and set aside area at spawn from the beginning where we would be able to build essential buildings when the need arises. A sort of crossroads right at spawn with a courtyard or something. That way spawn is clean and has a sign board that can point you in useful directions.

EDIT: It looks like people already have the same idea. I should have read the whole thread before responding. Anyway, I'd be on board for city planning.

Locke562

Back to top Go down

Post  opedog Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:16 pm

Understood JS. Since era and I will likely be busy with server admin stuff when we get it going, then someone else may want to step up and lay out the initial plot.
opedog
opedog

Back to top Go down

Post  painless187 Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:18 pm

I think this thread has gotten a little off track with regards to the rules. How about we start a new thread about what server build ideas? That way it would be easier to find info about what people are saying. afro
painless187
painless187

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:23 pm

painless187 wrote:I think this thread has gotten a little off track with regards to the rules. How about we start a new thread about what server build ideas? That way it would be easier to find info about what people are saying. afro

Was just thinking the same thing.

Here's the New post: https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com/t10-city-planning-ideas#72
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  Attypwn Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:25 pm

I agree with the rule-set. I definitely like the inclusion of the ask before you build graycubes. We shouldnt need more than two. And I like having the torched/signed off rule as well.
Attypwn
Attypwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Locke562 Fri Apr 01, 2011 5:46 pm

I'd love to get an in game economy working. I think people would interact more if we used some form of currency with exchange rates. I know there are mods that do this but I'm sure we could even use gold bars if we wanted a more vanilla experience.

Locke562

Back to top Go down

Post  painless187 Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:47 pm

I dunno Locke, seems to "Capitolistic" to me. I like the "Utopian" way personally. However, I am open to change always. Smile
painless187
painless187

Back to top Go down

Post  Istbor Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:02 pm

My vote is for communism then, if only so I can call you all comrade. I like everything I have been seeing here. Im also really sad to hear about AMC after being away at work for this past couple weeks. I was only able to hop on for moments at a time. Most of you probably don't even remember me. No *sniff*
Istbor
Istbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Locke562 Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:43 pm

painless187 wrote:I dunno Locke, seems to "Capitolistic" to me. I like the "Utopian" way personally. However, I am open to change always. Smile

Everything in the community will be "Utopian," but if we have a central store with set exchange rates then I think that will serve to bring the community back to a central hub where we can get together and plan and trade. I think it will lead to a better community. A split capitalism and Utopian thing.

Locke562

Back to top Go down

New ruleset discussion - Page 2 Empty Server economies are great

Post  billlava Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:34 am

but I've never been a big fan of buying/selling things in minecraft. Even if we set up some sort of set way to pay people, I'll probably still just give people stuff when I have extra, and hope that others would do the same for me. I don't expect freebies, but it's always nice to lend a hand!
billlava
billlava

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:36 am

billlava wrote:but I've never been a big fan of buying/selling things in minecraft. Even if we set up some sort of set way to pay people, I'll probably still just give people stuff when I have extra, and hope that others would do the same for me. I don't expect freebies, but it's always nice to lend a hand!

Id have to agree. I personally see a "economy mod" as geared more toward a large server, whereas ours is more of a family setting where we're in it together.
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  Locke562 Sat Apr 02, 2011 2:26 am

Praitaq wrote:
billlava wrote:but I've never been a big fan of buying/selling things in minecraft. Even if we set up some sort of set way to pay people, I'll probably still just give people stuff when I have extra, and hope that others would do the same for me. I don't expect freebies, but it's always nice to lend a hand!

Id have to agree. I personally see a "economy mod" as geared more toward a large server, whereas ours is more of a family setting where we're in it together.

Well, it's something to think about for the future if we ever do see the need to expand. At least us founding members would be filthy rich. Oh god, so many emoticons to choose from. afro

Locke562

Back to top Go down

Post  plastikcrazie Sat Apr 02, 2011 4:41 am

at the moment we're considering being able to trade diamonds for wool. thats about it.

and with minecart mania gold will now be valuable for that. so I dont think a lot of people would be into the idea of an economy. but im fine with it if it ever happens.

sunny albino cherry santa rendeer farao king queen jocolor geek scratch study elephant flower afro lol!

plastikcrazie

Back to top Go down

Post  ItsBagels Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:52 am

is there an age limit on here as well, if so, what shall it be?

ItsBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  Attypwn Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:56 am

While it hasnt been discussed, I believe the consensus is 'Adults' and family. Children need to be supervised.
Attypwn
Attypwn

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:44 am

Should we say officially 20, with variances given for friends of members who log on to vent and are mature?

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Attypwn Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:52 am

Id say 20 is a pretty fair number for someone we dont know. By that time, theyve had a couple years beyond high school. Yes, I know of people who are younger and are just as mature as I am, but I dont know that Im willing to give every 18 y/o a chance.
Attypwn
Attypwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum