Atlantis Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 169 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 am

New ruleset discussion

+10
Attypwn
Locke562
Praitaq
jswizzy84
opedog
tbtregenza
Woojitsu
eraticus
painless187
Saranneth
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

New ruleset discussion Empty New ruleset discussion

Post  Saranneth Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:16 am

Hoping to get some talk going here of how we'd like things to run on our upcoming server. Here are some thoughts I had :

*Don't be a douche. This one should cover all the common courtesy rules so we don't have to spell them all out, with the exception of:
* Don't build on top of someone else. Torched areas usually indicate someone was there before you. You can always ask for more info on the spot in question.
*Ask before you tp. It's the polite thing to do.
* Check with a moderator before you build your mob grinder. We have a smaller server now and we have to keep the lag in check. We'll have a spawn/public grinder and a /spawn teleport command so chances are you won't need one.
*No PvP except in designated areas.
* If you break it fix it - if you don't have the mats to fix it please let someone else know. Don't just leave your creeper mess behind!
* Realistic builds only please.

One extra I'd like to add but this is more of a personal taste issue I think - don't HOLLYWOOD your name. Especially around spawn. I just plain think they're tacky Smile

Please add to the conversation or reword my post if you see fit so we can make more of an official rules post!
Thanks!
P.S. I'm totally excited about our server Smile

Saranneth

Back to top Go down

New ruleset discussion Empty Re: New ruleset discussion

Post  painless187 Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:36 am

Great list! I second those Smile
painless187
painless187

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:45 am

these rules are fine with me.

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Woojitsu Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:27 pm

I don't know if it necessarily belongs in a "rules" section, but somewhere I would add:

* Please contribute time or materials to community projects (and feel free to ask for help in turn).

Woojitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Saranneth Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:36 pm

Not a bad idea, Woo. We should say something to the effect of
" Our server has a strong community and we do appreciate some level of community involvement. Anything from donating materials to current projects or initiating a community build project are highly encouraged"

I don't want to tell people they HAVE to help out but it would be nice to let folks know how much we love the community and group projects.

Saranneth

Back to top Go down

Post  tbtregenza Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:39 pm

Hey...I'm on board with all these rules.

I also think we should heavily encourage building within reasonable proximity. It kinda grinded my gears when someone built something really cool really far away on the last map and there was no feasible way to go visit it. Clearly, not rule-worthy, but I think it helps to maintain an "online" "inhabited" feel to the server.

Then again, maybe reimplementing /tp commands will mitigate this?

How do you all feel about this?
tbtregenza
tbtregenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Saranneth Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:42 pm

Tbt, we were talking about that last night while testing a server. I'm just not sure how to quantify distance on a minecraft map. Otherwise I'm all for please build no further than X from spawn. I think this would help with server performance as well. And we can always increase the build zone as time goes on and we need more space.
Any ideas on how we could make this work ?

Saranneth

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:59 pm

Would anyone be into writing up a sorta mission statement for us? Something that hits the key points like
working together
building a fun active community
mature environment where families can bring their kids (supervised please)
whatever else we can think of.

On the subject of building together, How about we form informal (Or maybe formal?) towns and everyone should build in around them. The main reason being it will make it simple to link hubs via minecarts and hopefully it will cut down on lag if we're not spread out to the max all over the map. Not to say if you want to live far out you can't form a small hub out there but rather than having one person 5000 blocks north and 1 person 5000 blocks south those two people could pick a spot together. I don't really want to force people to build in specific places but until we know how the server will perform I'd almost say we should try to limit the map a little.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  opedog Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:09 pm

eraticus wrote:I don't really want to force people to build in specific places but until we know how the server will perform I'd almost say we should try to limit the map a little.

hate to constrain people but 100% agree
opedog
opedog

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:18 pm

I think we should at least have a themed spawn city, I suggest roman/Greek/Egyptian style theme for it. Also we need to prevent the spread of grey cubes. Mob spawners hurt the server mob cap so we should have one centralized community one, with room for up to 4 players to use at a time.

something like
Spoiler:

Sad Forum, why you no have resize image?

Last edited by jswizzy84 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:33 pm; edited 4 times in total
jswizzy84
jswizzy84

Back to top Go down

Post  opedog Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:21 pm

jswizzy84 wrote:I think we should at least have a themed spawn city, I suggest roman/Greek/Egyptian style theme for it. Also we need to prevent the spread of grey cubes. Mob spawners hurt the server mob cap so we should have one centralized community one, with room for up to 4 players to use at a time.

couldn't agree more, although maybe not a themed central city.

Yeah, if everyone agrees maybe we'll make not having gray cubes less of a suggestion.

Sarah and I jokingly say to ourselves all the time: "Everyone needs their own grinder." Very Happy

By the way, I'm personally fine with dungeon grinders, I mean the big gray cubes that kept showing up.
opedog
opedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Saranneth Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Changing
* Check with a moderator before you build your mob grinder. We have a smaller server now and we have to keep the lag in check. We'll have a spawn/public grinder and a /spawn teleport command so chances are you won't need one.

To :
* Do not build a mob grinder without checking with a moderator first. We have a smaller server now and we have to keep the lag in check. We'll have a spawn/public grinder and a /spawn teleport command so chances are you won't need one.

With your help we can fight Cube's Disease.

Saranneth

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:58 pm

I think if the spawn town was an atlantis themed town sinking into the sea it'd be cool. I think 1 grinder tower should be good enough. Golden had a pretty awesome one on ATL, I think anyone who really wants to build one should be in on the construction of the public grinder. I do think a sorting system so that we can have multiple collection points is a good idea. I also think we can make the livestock grinder a reality on this server. I'd like to see one collection point for a farm, grinder, livestock, cactus and if possible squid. We can run a train out there or a warp or something. Everyone should be free to build dungeon grinders too just no towers.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:11 pm

eraticus wrote:I think if the spawn town was an atlantis themed town sinking into the sea it'd be cool. I think 1 grinder tower should be good enough. Golden had a pretty awesome one on ATL, I think anyone who really wants to build one should be in on the construction of the public grinder. I do think a sorting system so that we can have multiple collection points is a good idea. I also think we can make the livestock grinder a reality on this server. I'd like to see one collection point for a farm, grinder, livestock, cactus and if possible squid. We can run a train out there or a warp or something. Everyone should be free to build dungeon grinders too just no towers.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=1020&t=225793
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23657130/BioFactory3_rev5.zip

small edition, kawaii desu ne?
New ruleset discussion Bf3me10

Last edited by jswizzy84 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
jswizzy84
jswizzy84

Back to top Go down

Post  opedog Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:13 pm

If you can't get string though JS Sad
opedog
opedog

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:22 pm

opedog wrote:If you can't get string though JS Sad

Well i was thinking we would be better off with a dedicated spider grinder for that
jswizzy84
jswizzy84

Back to top Go down

Post  opedog Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:24 pm

Ah, true, good call.

Figuring out that system is gonna be interesting. I'm so used to subs design. Smile
opedog
opedog

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:30 pm

opedog wrote:Ah, true, good call.

Figuring out that system is gonna be interesting. I'm so used to subs design. Smile

Also there is a spider version. look on page 8 of the forum post. Here is the save for the smaller versions that kill spiders also:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23657130/BioFactory3_MinimumEdition_10F.zip 10 spawn floors
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23657130/BioFactory3_MinimumEdition_20F.zip 20 spawn floors

Last edited by jswizzy84 on Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
jswizzy84
jswizzy84

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:31 pm

I like the sunken city idea, as you said it would really set the mood for the server. As for the grinder, Im not sure if anyone else saw it on the old forums, but someone posted a vid by EthosLab and his grinder/sorter and it looks promising. Only thing is I was reading and there is a possibility it my get broke by 1.4 due to the changes in water current.
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:35 pm

Praitaq wrote:I like the sunken city idea, as you said it would really set the mood for the server. As for the grinder, Im not sure if anyone else saw it on the old forums, but someone posted a vid by EthosLab and his grinder/sorter and it looks promising. Only thing is I was reading and there is a possibility it my get broke by 1.4 due to the changes in water current.

Ethos,s grinder is for control it's not a quantity type grinder. You can get his save here and compare it to the other type of grinder. http://www.mediafire.com/?xy88z2nayhx2wo4
jswizzy84
jswizzy84

Back to top Go down

Post  opedog Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:40 pm

Holy crap, after watching that rome video I'm totally behind that JS.

Before we get the server going, JS, are you willing to layout the spawn city/area? Then we could start work on it day 1.
opedog
opedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:51 pm

jswizzy84 wrote:
Praitaq wrote:I like the sunken city idea, as you said it would really set the mood for the server. As for the grinder, Im not sure if anyone else saw it on the old forums, but someone posted a vid by EthosLab and his grinder/sorter and it looks promising. Only thing is I was reading and there is a possibility it my get broke by 1.4 due to the changes in water current.

Ethos,s grinder is for control it's not a quantity type grinder. You can get his save here and compare it to the other type of grinder. http://www.mediafire.com/?xy88z2nayhx2wo4

Ah I see what ya mean now. Anyway, what ever is decided, you tell me what to break/place and Ill be there to help :p
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:09 pm

opedog wrote:Holy crap, after watching that rome video I'm totally behind that JS.

Before we get the server going, JS, are you willing to layout the spawn city/area? Then we could start work on it day 1.

City planning isn't my strong suit I'm good at building and matching color schemes up(don't ask I did allot of study into fashion a year ago). Anyways I would rather have everyone be involved in the design. I think if we go that route we should just decide on a general color(block pallet) and have a vague idea about were we want certain buildings then let groups work on them individually.

TLDR: Im to much of a type B personality.

Anyways here is an album I made of roman/greek style stuff http://justinsmith.imgur.com/mc/all

jswizzy84
jswizzy84

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:16 pm

jswizzy84 wrote:
opedog wrote:Holy crap, after watching that rome video I'm totally behind that JS.

City planning isn't my strong suit I'm good at building and matching color schemes up(don't ask I did allot of study into fashion a year ago). Anyways I would rather have everyone be involved in the design. I think if we go that route we should just decide on a general color(block pallet) and have a vague idea about were we want certain buildings then let groups work on them individually.

TLDR: Im to much of a type B personality.

Anyways here is an album I made of roman/greek style stuff http://justinsmith.imgur.com/mc/all

Wow, some nice pics there. I especially like this one New ruleset discussion LBk5v
as a possible spawn point/transit hub if we go with the sunken city idea.
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:29 pm

[quote="Praitaq"]
jswizzy84 wrote:

Wow, some nice pics there. I especially like this one as a possible spawn point/transit hub if we go with the sunken city idea.

That's actually a building Xactar did on the 1.2 atl map. He had some awesome stuff I just wish i would of taken more screens back then. I really hope he comes with us.
jswizzy84
jswizzy84

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum