None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 am

Community Warehouse now open for use!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Community Warehouse now open for use!

Post  SpiralShot on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:20 pm

Building is complete and ready to use!
Like a Star @ heaven Conveniently located just north of spawn and our wonderful transit system.

Like a Star @ heaven Unload all those surplus blocks at the community warehouse, so they can be used for projects or by new arrivals looking to get started.

Like a Star @ heaven Ground floor west wing is building materials - dirt, rock, wood, wool, sand, etc.

Like a Star @ heaven Ground floor east wing is all other types of resources - food, ores, items, etc.

Like a Star @ heaven Second floor east wing features project chests. Just place a sign on a chest with your project name. This is handy for collecting and donating blocks for a specific project. When you finish using a chest, please place a torch on it so empty/available chests will be easy to spot.

Like a Star @ heaven Second floor west wing chests are for personal temporary storage. Store stuff you don't want to carry while working on a public project or participating in a community event. You can stash personal project stuff there too. Same as with the project chests, please put a torch back on any chests you are no longer using so that available chests are easy to spot.

Not all chests are labeled yet, as space really needs to be determined by volume of the types of items. Signs will be available to label chests as needed.

-- Feedback & suggestions are welcomed.
SpiralShot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Community Warehouse now open for use!

Post  Praitaq on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:22 pm

SpiralShot wrote:

Building is complete and ready to use!
Like a Star @ heaven Conveniently located just north of spawn and our wonderful transit system.

Like a Star @ heaven Unload all those surplus blocks at the community warehouse, so they can be used for projects or by new arrivals looking to get started.

Like a Star @ heaven Ground floor west wing is building materials - dirt, rock, wood, wool, sand, etc.

Like a Star @ heaven Ground floor east wing is all other types of resources - food, ores, items, etc.

Like a Star @ heaven Second floor east wing features project chests. Just place a sign on a chest with your project name. This is handy for collecting and donating blocks for a specific project. When you finish using a chest, please place a torch on it so empty/available chests will be easy to spot.

Like a Star @ heaven Second floor west wing chests are for personal temporary storage. Store stuff you don't want to carry while working on a public project or participating in a community event. You can stash personal project stuff there too. Same as with the project chests, please put a torch back on any chests you are no longer using so that available chests are easy to spot.

Not all chests are labeled yet, as space really needs to be determined by volume of the types of items. Signs will be available to label chests as needed.

-- Feedback & suggestions are welcomed.

Nice Job Spiral Smile Building look great
Praitaq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus on Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:45 pm

Nice job spiral. that's one big warehouse and it looks cool too.

eraticus
Admin

View user profile http://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  painless187 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:02 pm

So who is stocking it and maintaining it?
painless187

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiralShot on Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:28 pm

regarding stocking and maintenance - this is how I figured it will work...
it isn't like a store where there is a refreshed static inventory of everything, it is just a warehouse where people can unload extra stuff, or if someone is feeling generous they can leave items for others that might need them. Obviously some things will be more likely than others to end up there. It is totally up to the players using it to keep some sense of order to it.

I think the "stores" would likely get deeper the longer the server is around, but as we all know the next release could reset everything. I don't think most people want a free build type situation, but I know I usually end up with many chests full of extra blocks as time goes by and I am usually happy or even eager to get the extras to someone that is needing it.

Also since it is in a pretty convenient location, it doesn't take much time at all to transport stuff to/from it. I have made a couple trips already and it is fast and easy, especially if you use /spawn and /home. Maybe we can add a /warp warehouse for it also. It may end up full of just gravel and string, but I won't stress too much about it.
SpiralShot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  painless187 on Mon Apr 11, 2011 2:46 pm

I have a little cobblestone that I am willing to contribute to this as long as I can TP there and back from whence I came Smile
painless187

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Attypwn on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:21 pm

Nice looking warehouse! Im sure there will be lots of feathers donated.

(Also, I moved the thread to General Discussion, and out of Videos/Tutorials)
Attypwn

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus on Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:58 pm

regarding warps. I don't think this is a location likely to get a warp it's directly across the street from spawn and the train station. I really want to keep warps to a minimum so that the train stations get used given how much work have gone into them. I know some of the longer rides can be tedious but at worst case scenario it's a good time to go get a drink etc Smile The ride to the grinder actually has some pretty cool vistas along the way and I think it'd be cool to make more of them. In fact I just had some ideas along those lines I might start working on next mwuahahaha.

eraticus
Admin

View user profile http://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum