In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 am

Better than wolves?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Better than wolves?

Post  eraticus on Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:33 pm

Have any of you guys played with better than wolves? It adds a lot of fun stuff to the server and just from an aesthetic standpoint you can do cool stuff like waterwheels and windmills. I know there is a bukkit plugin that supports it and some of the other tech tree mods like buildcraft. I think when we see 1.3 changes to SP we will probably soon see some of the great single player mods become MP as well. Would you guys enjoy a BTW server? I can see some great stuff being built here. The light projecting lenses and what not are really cool.

eraticus
Admin

View user profile http://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Better than wolves?

Post  Tenfor on Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:58 pm

I've tried out BTW and buildcraft, they would be fun in multiplayer. I can only imagine the crazy stuff that would be built.
Tenfor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenfor on Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:52 pm

There is also a server mod pack called Tekkit that is pretty cool. It doesn't have BTWt but it has buildcraft, industrial craft, redstone power, and a bunch more that all work together. Check it out.
Tenfor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus on Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:02 am

I actually started playing with that last night because I wanted to try it out. It is a lot of fun. Maybe if everyone is bored we could try that as a group for a while. Though the one thing this game is missing is tutorials. I ended up going on youtube and watching some walkthru's to see what to do. There is just so much to that mod.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus on Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:39 pm

I've been thinking about this all day. I've actually been looking forward to getting home so I could play it. Would anyone object to playing tekkit for a while? I would backup and remove our old stuff and install this instead. All you'd have to do is download the Technic launcher, run it and choose the tekkit option and it sets it all up for you. You don't even have to alter your existing minecraft at all. You just put in your login and go. It's a spout fork which makes it all super easy.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenfor on Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:18 am

crap. I wish I would have seen this earlier. I am definitely down for some tekkit and I know some of the basic stuff to get us going. That's cool that it is so easy to install! Hopefully I will be able to play tomorrow night.
Tenfor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  opedog on Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:21 am

Let me know when tekkit is going. Sarah and I love tekkit!
opedog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Istbor on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:00 am

See here I heard just the opposite, that the tekkit pack was annoying to get installed correctly. Did they give it a make-over or what?
Istbor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  opedog on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:05 am

I didn't have a problem when I hosted a windows tekkit server for sarah and I locally. It was just point and click. However, the linux server version may be much more involved. /shrug
opedog

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Woojitsu on Tue Jul 10, 2012 12:14 pm

I think most of you know how I feel about mods, especially mods that involve automation. However, I am willing to suspend my personal prejudices in the name of bringing people back to the server.

I vote yes to Tekkit, if only because Ope and Sarah might drop in!

Woojitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus on Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:35 pm

Ist, You are probably basing that off of before they went with the spout launcher. It literally couldn't be easier. You download the launcher, choose the tekkit tab, enter your login and let it do the rest. Super easy. And since it runs from the launcher it actually creates a separate instance of MC so you don't have to worry about converting back later. You just use your normal MC launcher.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum