None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 am

I'm antsy...

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I'm antsy...

Post  carpaltunnel on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:10 pm

Is it can be movie tiem?

I want to make a movie. It's an idea that I had for ATL that I never fleshed out but I've been giving it some thought and I'm excited to be able to do it for Atlantis instead. It would strictly be a promotional video bent on showing off some of the work that we do (very quickly) and will not be much longer than 1m30s. You might consider it more flash than build-showing. It'll be wrapped around a particular song, to be kept secret until the debut, as I'm a fan of creating video around music. I'm going to list some points I'd like to cover, estimated time commitments and numbers of people I would need involved with the various segments.

Construction
I'll need at least four builds for my video. One of which I would like to be a community effort. The builds will only need to last as long as a Minecraft day as they're going to be rendered very quickly and I'm not dealing with the darkness of night nor do I wish to edit sunsets/sunrises together. I'll record a few daytimes worth of build and find the best. If you're willing to help me with this, I'd love these builds to be pre-planned to some extent so the recording features minimal figuring out placement of blocks, cooking blocks, crafting, etc. Materials would need to be collected/crafted beforehand and I will be helping/donating as much as I can. At least these builds aren't just for the video so they're not a waste of time.
Home - A house for someone. Not small and not terribly large. Flashy or simple, no preference there. Show off! (1 person)
Bridge - spanning a body of water about 20-30 meters across. If the highway hits a river or large lake that would be perfect as I can make the video show it's an extension of a highway, not just a random bridge. (2 people)
Purpose-built Building - like what we've got around spawn already - forum, rail station, farm house, storage, etc. This would be a community build to show how close-knit we are (oh, you!) (4+ people)
Your ideas? - If you have something you'd like to appear I'll hear your plans.

Exploration
Simply some people wandering around the land, lighting cool stuff up if it's at night. We can also go spelunking and I'd love to get people fighting off hoards of mobs and even someone dying to a creeper explosion in the midst of battle. That would be perfection. That's pretty "on the run" kind of stuff so one evening if a few people want to just wander around with me that would be awesome. This will be easy with all the /tpa we have. Custom skins are encouraged for this segment.

PvP
Correct me if I'm wrong but is someone building an arena at spawn? I'd love to get a few people fighting to the death (no mod-pvp stuff) and I'm not interested in World PvP because it's hard to show and will give the idea that we're open to free PvP, which we're not.

For the opening of the video I'll need the help of one person for about 30 minutes to an hour for plenty of time shooting. We can probably get it all done in a single day once I find the location to shoot at and gather materials. Also, whomever would like this part will need a standard Minecraft skin.

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear ideas on what to shoot or if anyone wants to volunteer that would be grand. This will take a while so it'll be a lot of scheduling a few hours here and there on weekends and in the evenings. I'm flexible and it'll get done when it gets done.

Thanks for reading!
carpaltunnel

View user profile http://dustbeard.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Re: I'm antsy...

Post  Praitaq on Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:31 pm

carpaltunnel wrote:Is it can be movie tiem?

I want to make a movie. It's an idea that I had for ATL that I never fleshed out but I've been giving it some thought and I'm excited to be able to do it for Atlantis instead. It would strictly be a promotional video bent on showing off some of the work that we do (very quickly) and will not be much longer than 1m30s. You might consider it more flash than build-showing. It'll be wrapped around a particular song, to be kept secret until the debut, as I'm a fan of creating video around music. I'm going to list some points I'd like to cover, estimated time commitments and numbers of people I would need involved with the various segments.

Construction
I'll need at least four builds for my video. One of which I would like to be a community effort. The builds will only need to last as long as a Minecraft day as they're going to be rendered very quickly and I'm not dealing with the darkness of night nor do I wish to edit sunsets/sunrises together. I'll record a few daytimes worth of build and find the best. If you're willing to help me with this, I'd love these builds to be pre-planned to some extent so the recording features minimal figuring out placement of blocks, cooking blocks, crafting, etc. Materials would need to be collected/crafted beforehand and I will be helping/donating as much as I can. At least these builds aren't just for the video so they're not a waste of time.
Home - A house for someone. Not small and not terribly large. Flashy or simple, no preference there. Show off! (1 person)
Bridge - spanning a body of water about 20-30 meters across. If the highway hits a river or large lake that would be perfect as I can make the video show it's an extension of a highway, not just a random bridge. (2 people)
Purpose-built Building - like what we've got around spawn already - forum, rail station, farm house, storage, etc. This would be a community build to show how close-knit we are (oh, you!) (4+ people)
Your ideas? - If you have something you'd like to appear I'll hear your plans.

Exploration
Simply some people wandering around the land, lighting cool stuff up if it's at night. We can also go spelunking and I'd love to get people fighting off hoards of mobs and even someone dying to a creeper explosion in the midst of battle. That would be perfection. That's pretty "on the run" kind of stuff so one evening if a few people want to just wander around with me that would be awesome. This will be easy with all the /tpa we have. Custom skins are encouraged for this segment.

PvP
Correct me if I'm wrong but is someone building an arena at spawn? I'd love to get a few people fighting to the death (no mod-pvp stuff) and I'm not interested in World PvP because it's hard to show and will give the idea that we're open to free PvP, which we're not.

For the opening of the video I'll need the help of one person for about 30 minutes to an hour for plenty of time shooting. We can probably get it all done in a single day once I find the location to shoot at and gather materials. Also, whomever would like this part will need a standard Minecraft skin.

What are your thoughts? I'd love to hear ideas on what to shoot or if anyone wants to volunteer that would be grand. This will take a while so it'll be a lot of scheduling a few hours here and there on weekends and in the evenings. I'm flexible and it'll get done when it gets done.

Thanks for reading!

I'd be willing to help ya out, and as for the "arena" its actually the dome of the rock reconstruction. But i think we could flesh out a little pit fighting arena if we needed to.
Praitaq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus on Wed Apr 06, 2011 1:00 pm

I fully support this idea. We need a server movie for if/when we start recruiting. In fact I think if we could put together some sort of weekly production so we have a series on youtube it'd be a great tool.

eraticus
Admin

View user profile http://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:48 pm

eraticus wrote:I fully support this idea. We need a server movie for if/when we start recruiting. In fact I think if we could put together some sort of weekly production so we have a series on youtube it'd be a great tool.

i really like that idea and painless and I have been tossing around the idea of doing some tutorial vidoes, one of which if we have time we're going to do tonight. He want's a vid of how i build my vault. So just let me know anyway i can help Smile
Praitaq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus on Wed Apr 06, 2011 2:54 pm

cool. I'd recommend showing your room then actually building one in one of the empty lockers downstairs. You can fill it in afterwards if you want.

eraticus
Admin

View user profile http://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq on Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:48 pm

eraticus wrote:cool. I'd recommend showing your room then actually building one in one of the empty lockers downstairs. You can fill it in afterwards if you want.

o.0 Good idea Smile
Praitaq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum