[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 am

Arctoa's Application

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Arctoa's Application

Post  arctoa on Sat Feb 11, 2012 10:40 am

Name: Darren Shields
In-Game Name: arctoa
Reference/Friend: No references, I'm afraid.
How long have you been playing Minecraft: I've been playing since BETA 1.7 rolled out, if I remember rightly.
Where did you find out about our forum: I found the forum through inputting a Google search for 'minecraft server for adults' and stumbling through a few results and related pages before finding this forum.
How many hours a day do you typically play Minecraft: Oh, this varies wildly. Some days I go without, others I'll put in six or seven hours.
Tell us a bit more about yourself: Hullo. I'm D, and at present I am mostly playing Minecraft. Once I get a new computer I'll be branching out into Skyrim and the two newest Fallout games but for now, I'm limited to blocky goodness. I'm an amateur photographer and I have a keen interest in science; particularly physical cosmology. In fact, my enthusiasm for it is only exceeded by my ignorance of the subject; the more you know, the less you know! In other news I'm your average jaded twenty-something; I'm easy-going and avoid confrontation, although I do have something approaching a cynical sense of humour. I've been looking for an appropriate server for a while; all the others I've tried have been full of griefing kids and/or exclusive cliques that're openly hostile to anyone who has the temerity to join their server. I get the impression that this one is different, hence my application!
arctoa

View user profile http://www.arctoa.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Arctoa's Application

Post  eraticus on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:01 am

sounds like you will fit right in. i am out running errands for a couple hours. if you want to install mumble i will hop on when iget home and we will get you whitelisted. one of the other admins can hook you up of they get on first..

eraticus
Admin

View user profile http://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  arctoa on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:06 am

Oh, hey, you guys reply quickly! I was actually halfway through adding a postscript to my initial post, but I might as well lay it out as a response now.

"PS: After reading that you require voice-authentication on another forum thread I should probably mention that I don't have access to a microphone to do that. However, anyone performing a quick Google search of my name and alias will see that I'm a legitimate entrant; and I'd be happy to join in text-based chat somewhere. I can also provide pictorial evidence of builds I've constructed, if necessary."

I hope this won't be too much of a sticking point.
arctoa

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:16 am

no problem, you may enjoy using mumble just to listen in we use it a lot during community projects. it may even prompt you to buy a cheap headset. i added you to the member group so you can access the members sections.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  arctoa on Sat Feb 11, 2012 11:25 am

How is it on system resources? I need to be extremely careful with running applications, as this machine I am using now is the best part of seven years old; there are more powerful mobile phones out there these days, haha. Either way, it's something I will likely resolve once I take delivery on the PC parts that I am going to be ordering in the next week or two. Cheers for the upgrade, I'll have a proper poke around now.
arctoa

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeetgadoo on Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:34 pm

Skeet's Seal of Approval. Now if we only had Xacktar's nod. Razz

In regards to voice communication, I don't have a mic either, and I plan on getting one once I settle in to my new career. I do use Mumble to listen in on the conversation. I haven't noticed any dominating issues, it seemed to sit in the back pretty well. If your computer is 7 years old though, maybe a quick test to see how it runs with MC. You could also allocate more memory to minecraft, based on how much you have.

I don't mean to imply you don't know this, but if you're on a pc:

Start > Control Panel Search: Java > Click Java Tab > View > Runtime Parameters > Type in

-Xincgc -Xmx[ 1024 for 1 gig up to whatever you want to allocate]M

Mine looks like: -Xincgc -Xmx2048M. Apply and save.

Skeetgadoo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:53 pm

ok got ya added. I'm in game now. I'll be around a little while if you want to hop on.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  arctoa on Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:55 pm

Spiffing! I'll show my face momentarily, although I won't be around for long this evening.

That Java fix made no discernible difference, but I appreciate the effort. I'll just have to deal with jerky graphics on 'tiny' render distance a little longer.
arctoa

Back to top Go down

Post  Xacktar on Sun Feb 12, 2012 10:50 am

I heard there was a forum thread in need of my nodding head.

Twisted Evil
Xacktar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq on Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Since it has the Skeet, Era and Xaqck Approval. I throw my hat in too, that's 3 mod approval. Looks like you're good Razz Hope to see ya on soon.

Roads? Where you're going you don't need roads.
Take the train!

Atlantis Transit Guru
- Got questions about the train system? Ask me Smile
Praitaq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum: