Atlantis Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 169 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 am

[Challenge] The City Construction Challenge

+4
tbtregenza
Praitaq
Tamirox
Skeetgadoo
8 posters

Go down

[Challenge] The City Construction Challenge Empty [Challenge] The City Construction Challenge

Post  Skeetgadoo Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:42 pm

I decided to do this, I am (I believe) south of Atlantis, in the first snow biome.

Here is the link to the challenge.

http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/607484-challenge-the-city-construction-challenge/

If anyone wants to do this with me, ask! We can make it look really cool.
Skeetgadoo
Skeetgadoo

Back to top Go down

[Challenge] The City Construction Challenge Empty Re: [Challenge] The City Construction Challenge

Post  Tamirox Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:14 pm

Tenfor and I are doing this too ^^ here is a link to my photobucket album for stage 1 completed ^_^

https://s1056.photobucket.com/albums/t372/tamirox/
Tamirox
Tamirox

Back to top Go down

[Challenge] The City Construction Challenge Empty Re: [Challenge] The City Construction Challenge

Post  Praitaq Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Now that sounds like fun!
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:52 am

Tenfor and I completed stage 2 tonight. Now onto stage 3.

So far we completed the mineshaft and in the process would a skele spawner, which I promptly turned into a bone/arrow farm.
Non-exp based, just stay near it and It will kill the skeles. I put signs up so people would know where not to dig. Just be carefull down in the new mineshaft.

We started the new shaft because we actually needed a "Mining District" with all the extra buildings, so this should give us room.
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  tbtregenza Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:02 pm

[Challenge] The City Construction Challenge 1233928590_citizen%20kane%20clapping
tbtregenza
tbtregenza

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeetgadoo Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:06 am

I did some general decorating around town tonight.

Added:
Fence around Farming District / Town Hall.
Shrubbery on some areas with level differences.
Added a well.

Tam started on a cobble mining expedition in Town, I created ranch Levels off of it, each branch is labeled in case we need to tell them apart. Feel free to use any of them, I started out the first four floors.

Put some trees around town, marked with torches on the trunks, just another detail to give the town some flavor.
Skeetgadoo
Skeetgadoo

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:31 am

Yeah it's really coming along.

I finished out the item requirements in the treasury last night. I added a forge in the mining district, and made a bazaar for the market district. I did the 6 stall minimum but we could expand it if we wanted. We need 3 houses in the mining district. I think Ishaye started one last night. We also need 2 more community structures.

We need to go in and adjust the item counts in the treasury to account for anyone else who joins us. Ishaye just started and I think Grenac has expressed interest.

We also need the licensing office in the market district, 2 community structures there, and 2 dwellings. Maybe we could do a dual purpose Inn, pub kinda thing.
Uhoh just noticed this in the requirements.

- A surrounding wall, watchtowers or other fortification:

Wall: A wall must surround all Market District Structures. It must be safe from monsters at any point within the walls (except mob farms etc.) and must include at least 1 gate to get in/out of the district.

Watchtowers: 1 Watchtower for every side (North, East, South, West) of the district which is exposed (e.g. If your town has a large cliff behind it, 3 watchtowers are required) with a minimum of 2 watchtowers are required as well as a bell tower in the centre of the market.

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeetgadoo Sat Feb 11, 2012 12:17 pm

I agree with you on taking stock for members that join. I really like that others have taken interest in the project! We could just start adding goals for ourselves to make the City a metropolis.

In regards to the market district, I think we need to design a layout for it, so we don't miss something. I originally imagined city walls being the same size around the outside of the city, which we cannot start, since we have plenty to expand. The other idea I had with the walls was to put them in between the districts. I've been looking at OddWorld's Layout for this:

[Challenge] The City Construction Challenge TopviewoftheTown

I really like how he actually sectioned off his areas. Anyone have any thoughts? I put in a 3 high half block fence last night, but I didn't think it fit with the overall feel. I think something like this would be much more grand.

What a Face
Skeetgadoo
Skeetgadoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Istbor Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:18 pm

Did portlantis die?
Istbor
Istbor

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Sat Feb 11, 2012 2:58 pm

this is just a challenge thing we're doing. it's just for fun to do as a group.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:21 pm

I had envisioned the same thing for the walls of the challenge city, which it partly why ten and I put the mining district so far away. We were thinking the market district should go on the semi level area behind the current guard towers.
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenfor Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:42 pm

Skeetgadoo wrote:

[Challenge] The City Construction Challenge TopviewoftheTown

I really like how he actually sectioned off his areas. Anyone have any thoughts? I put in a 3 high half block fence last night, but I didn't think it fit with the overall feel. I think something like this would be much more grand.

What a Face

This looks cool.
Tenfor
Tenfor

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:11 am

SO tamirox myself and Torn went a bit dig happy, we gathered over 2 double chests worth of cobblestone one of which is now smooth. A few stacks of Iron, almost a stack of diamonds for the next part, gold, 20 stacks of redstone.....Yea, We were busy.
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:11 am

well we'll probably use way more than that on the walls alone, but awesome! Check out the site on dynap btw. looks super cool.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamirox Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:02 am

Got the port district done for stage 4. Added a house + site for future lighthouse, a Harbor Master's Office and 2 more piers.
Tamirox
Tamirox

Back to top Go down

Post  ItsBagels Thu Feb 16, 2012 4:16 pm

I wanted to do something like this too. I wanted to make it like WoW, in the fact that all the buildings are mega sized

ItsBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeetgadoo Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:11 pm

you should come join us!
Skeetgadoo
Skeetgadoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Istbor Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:51 pm

Don't listen to Skeet! Stay in Portlantis and help me complete the Portlantis Royal Army. (PRA) So that we may crush this rebel infestation!
Istbor
Istbor

Back to top Go down

Post  Skeetgadoo Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:24 pm

I pity your futile attempts at stealing our current force of well trained city civilians.
Skeetgadoo
Skeetgadoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down