Atlantis Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 169 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 am

WOOOOO!!! A buggy 1.8 pre release :D

+4
Woojitsu
opedog
Tamirox
Praitaq
8 posters

Go down

WOOOOO!!! A buggy 1.8 pre release :D Empty WOOOOO!!! A buggy 1.8 pre release :D

Post  Praitaq Sat Sep 10, 2011 1:19 am

Tried to get some ss's of the new biomes including the HUGE ocean I found.

praitaq.imgur.com goto my 1.8 album
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

WOOOOO!!! A buggy 1.8 pre release :D Empty Re: WOOOOO!!! A buggy 1.8 pre release :D

Post  Tamirox Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:46 am

I have to say I'm really excited about 1.8 now. Food is insanely easy to get, Chickens drop raw chicken, cows drop raw beef so its easy to get a ton of food and now that it cooks and stacks maintaining full food bar is easy, plus I found if its full you seem to regen health like half a heart every couple seconds.

Plus villages seem to be super rare along with Endermen and Silverfish, I played for a couple hours and only found 1 village.
Tamirox
Tamirox

Back to top Go down

WOOOOO!!! A buggy 1.8 pre release :D Empty Re: WOOOOO!!! A buggy 1.8 pre release :D

Post  opedog Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:42 pm

I am rrrrrrrreallly looking forward to creating a new 1.8 world on the server. Smile
opedog
opedog

Back to top Go down

Post  Woojitsu Sat Sep 10, 2011 12:52 pm

Judging by the Yogscast video, the leaked pre-release looks (almost unplayably) buggy as hell. So like with every MC patch, I expect to see a steady stream of bug-fix patches to follow.

Woojitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Torn2010 Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:54 pm

Will villages have NPC's? I got lost in the updates/planned items and can't remember if villages will actually be populated in 1.8, or is he pushing the NPC's back to a later patch?
Torn2010
Torn2010

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamirox Sat Sep 10, 2011 2:56 pm

it looked like just the villages are added in the intial patch and 1.9 will bring the Npcs
Tamirox
Tamirox

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq Sat Sep 10, 2011 4:08 pm

YEa its a bit buggy but thats the best part of this prerelease, hopefully with all the people "Beta testing" it, the bugs will get worked out before the official release. ANd Im in full agreement ope, I cant wait for a new 1.8 world!
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:23 am

who all has installed it and how is it going? Where did you get it btw?

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenfor Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:01 pm

I haven't installed it but I think there is a link to it on MC forums front page. Or it might be on mojangs website.
Tenfor
Tenfor

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:23 pm

ok I broke down and installed it. It is awesome! so far the things I love, torch lights are now orangy and very moody in caves, I found a HUGE abandoned mine system with wooden beam bracing and broken tracks all over. Scattered thru the mine were boxes full of good stuff a lot of melon seeds, some bread and iron, and a few diamonds even. I found a blue cave spider spawner, The cool thing about it was they had filled the area around it with webs. Apparently they spawn webs? Spider fights are fun but the poison can be a bummer. I don't think you will die from the poison alone but ti will bring you down low enough that you will be in trouble if you keep fighting.
Hunger is not nearly the issue I had thought it would be. With stacking food (including zombie flesh yuck) you won't have much to worry about as long as you keep your hunger full as it ticks and constantly heals you.

Chasms, I keep finding these really cool narrow clefts in caves that are really tall. makes for some interesting terrain. I can't wait for the server to be upgraded:) maybe a few of us could hop on one of our own pc as an smp server?

Just fought a couple endermen. Not as scary as I had thought. They didn't seem to teleport and weren't very tough. They did run at me though. Also found my first village, Somewhat of a let down. The buildings were poorly placed, ran together. I took over the biggest house for now. I want to find the stronghold.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:17 pm

Set up a server on my machine.

IP Address is in the Members only section.

Very Happy
Praitaq
Praitaq

Back to top Go down

Post  Torn2010 Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:13 pm

I tried it, and i was getting 4 FPS Sad was unplayable

I hope thats just a bug because its not officially released yet.....
Torn2010
Torn2010

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:19 pm

you were probably getting the lag as it loaded in the chunks for you at first. It smoothed out for us once we were playing for a bit. It is pretty laggy and hopefully that's one of the things fixed. If you thought there were a lot of caves under you before wait til you see all the mineshafts.

eraticus
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Woojitsu Mon Sep 12, 2011 7:32 pm

Will that lower the number of surface mobs at night, do you think?

Woojitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamirox Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:11 pm

Don't suppose we could get the temp server back up? I need my 1.8 fill until a offical release ^_~
Tamirox
Tamirox

Back to top Go down

Post  Xacktar Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:12 pm

I wouldn't mine some more TNT, I mean, 1.8 playtime either.
Xacktar
Xacktar

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down