In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 am

What do you like/dislike on the server?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

What do you like/dislike on the server?

Post  eraticus on Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:51 pm

I'd like to consolidate here and get everyone to let me know what you like or dislike on the server. Especially the things you'd like to see gone, for instance /warp.
If you want /warp gone do you want /tpa or /home gone as well? Are any of the mods we used fun-breaking for you? I'd like to get a consensus of how things are going. If enough people feel strongly about something it should change.

eraticus
Admin

View user profile http://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you like/dislike on the server?

Post  Xacktar on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:03 pm

Dislike: um...

Seriously. This place is great. I have a lot of fun here, mainly because all of you are awesome. I was actually a bit hesitant when we added stuff like bridges and portcullises, but you guy make them do awesome stuff.
Xacktar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saranneth on Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:06 pm

I like things just the way they are, Era and you do a great job of keeping things running well. I do like the idea of adding mods and things that add depth to our MC world. I want that wolf one so bad...
In terms of warps and things I will go with whatever is decided except to say that I like having a warp to my area. I could make it my home but when I log off and other people are working there they have no way to get there without the warp. I suppose I could put in a train station but really I'm not ready or interested in doing so. If we need to get rid of warping give me time to move all my stuff and set my home.

I also think that recruitment has gone well recently and everyone that's joined our server is really cool. Perhaps we should keep adding some bodies.

That's all for me!

Saranneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  GreGGomyeGGo on Wed Jun 29, 2011 8:24 pm

I like warping to the public areas and builds. I think home is just fine. Two homes would just be too easy.

As far as warping... I like how last night, instead of Era giving us a warp to Torn's town, he just extended the rail line and made a local line to it so the rail system would get more use.

As Sara said... Era is doing an excellent job and I personally think we need no changes right now. If it ain't broke, don't fix it... right?

GreGGomyeGGo

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus on Wed Jun 29, 2011 9:34 pm

I think prait musta been the one to do that. Razz he does the rails.

eraticus
Admin

View user profile http://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  plastikcrazie on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:05 pm

I'd like the warp command removed. the train system works flawlessly and is very easy to expand off of.

plastikcrazie

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell on Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:00 am

I second warp commands, and even TPA commands (with the exclusion of certain situations such as events etc) being removed.

Home and Spawn are the only two I feel are needed, just as it used to be during AMC.

Without the warps and TPAs, we will finally be encouraged to not only use the incredible (and incredibly fast) trainsystem, we will also be encouraged to start building roads / highways linking between train hubs or cities!

VIVA LA RESISTANCE! xD
steveompowell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Woojitsu on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:53 am

steveompowell wrote:Home and Spawn are the only two I feel are needed, just as it used to be during AMC.

Shocked AMC had two homes and /tp. I don't know about anyone else, but I use Atlantis's rail system a ton more than I ever used AMC's.

Woojitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saranneth on Thu Jun 30, 2011 11:55 am

Keep TPA. It's much too useful to not have and if you want to take the rail you can do that too. No sense living in the dark ages.

Saranneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Praitaq on Thu Jun 30, 2011 5:01 pm

eraticus wrote:I think prait musta been the one to do that. Razz he does the rails.

I do no such thing, they just seem to magically appear and I just take the credit Razz

back on topic, i personally like things as they are. but if people want changes like /warp gone we may be able to accomodate that but well see. I would like to see /home and /tpa stay as they are very useful.

Roads? Where you're going you don't need roads.
Take the train!

Atlantis Transit Guru
- Got questions about the train system? Ask me Smile
Praitaq

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  bob2351723 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:10 pm

I'm undecided on the teleporting functions. I like the functionality of them when I need to go get my gear when I die, but from a rp/adventure stand point, I would rather see them instituted via a fixed portal system or done away with.

Bob
bob2351723

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiralShot on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:25 pm

also, now that the nether portals are fixed, using the nether to shortcut isn't such a pain (disconnect), and you move 8x the distance. we can always "clean up" our paths there, and add in some rails for the long trips too. I know it is a pretty short walk between my two portals that would take me close to a full day to traverse on foot outside the nether. I could definitely straighten the path between them, and anyone/everyone is welcome to connect to my portals for shortcutting.

What *would* be nice IMO is a way to draw & label rail/path maps or images of the maps in the game for people to reference at the stations & entrances. I love the rail system, but If I am not careful I will get totally turned around and I won't know what station I need to go to next for my final destination. Prait does a great job labeling everything that magically appears, but eventually there will not be enough space for all the signs.
SpiralShot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiralShot on Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:53 pm

something like this:

http://www.planetminecraft.com/mod/166-sspthe-art-of-painting-mod-v1/

dunno if that would work on SMP
SpiralShot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell on Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:39 pm

it says on the site will not be for smp anytime soon. My idea would be to simply make a map and post it on forums on a sticky?
steveompowell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum