In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 am

Brink (PC)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Brink (PC)

Post  jswizzy84 on Thu May 05, 2011 2:32 pm

Brink seems like it is going to be a breath of fresh air in an overcrowded and stall genre. At the very least it diverts from the over done Middle East trend that has plague the genre and adds some good old Wolf:ET class based shooter fun. I love FPS games but the recent years have not been kind to my flavor of shooters. MOH, MW2 and Black ops were all a kick in the teeth to PC gamers and me. I think Jock Yitch sums up how I feel about modern FPS games pretty well http://bashandslash.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=1281&Itemid=69. Anyways I'm going to give this game a chance since the only other FPS game that seems hopeful is RO2:HOS. I don't really trust EA/DICE enough to hope that BF3 will be anything other than a rehash of BFBC2 like MOH was. Anyways this game looks like it should be a good cross between Tactic Ops(an underrated CS clone with classes) and Wolf:Enemy Territory with some mirrors edge added in just for fun.

Last edited by jswizzy84 on Sun May 08, 2011 4:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Brink (PC)

Post  SpiralShot on Thu May 05, 2011 6:32 pm

that looks like something i might like. I hadn't heard of it before. I'm checking out the site now...
SpiralShot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell on Sat May 07, 2011 12:30 pm

Very interesting. Would have to try it to really decide if its decent or not, but looks well done.
steveompowell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 on Sun May 08, 2011 5:01 pm

Got the game preloaded. Release in less than 30 hours Smile.

Also here is some leaked game footage. Note the PC has faster movement cvars and a larger FOV than the 360 version shown.

jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 on Tue May 10, 2011 8:08 am

Got the game last night haven't stopped playing since. The game seems to be good. I can't really judge a FPS game till I can get a grasp on balance, skill, and the other finer points that take weeks to learn. Anyways if you don't mind having teamwork shoved down your throat the game is great so far. You can't play the game by camping or going lonewolf from what I've seen so far the game just doesn't reward that style of play.

My steam name is ThreeUp.
jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell on Tue May 10, 2011 10:09 am

hm, seems like a great game concept for a group of friends.

With random match ups, I sense alot of "newb" "you suck" "WE MUST WINNNNNN" mentality. :/
steveompowell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 on Tue May 10, 2011 11:52 am

The guy who did the let's Plays for Terreria is playing this. Never watched a FPS Let's Play before that I actually liked mainly because I hate console FPS players like MMO players hate BRs.

By the way I made my engineer character look just like Gordon Freeman from HL.
jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 on Sat May 14, 2011 8:25 pm

Me and Hunter maxed out or first toons yesterday. He has a medic and I got a soldier now we are working on a light body type operative and another soldier. Patch fixed the dumb ai for teammates and fov edits now work with sprint. I guess we are power level ing in singleplayer right now but I should hit 20 with my new character tomorrow. Medics can get 8k exp on certain missions so you can get level 10 in no time once you get the hang of the game.
jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell on Mon May 23, 2011 12:24 pm

FINE you basterds.... im downloading steam... and registering my games.

God damn you all...

<3

Ok im downloading Brink. lol Once I get my FPS hat on, i'll give ya a run for yer money Jswizz, I was number 7 on the Battlefield2142 charts for a while. Cool
steveompowell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 on Mon May 23, 2011 2:57 pm

Best thing to do is just go medic at first then respec after you get levels or you can use the console to level up.
Also Do the challenges first they are basically the tutorials and they scale with level so they are easier at lower levels.

The OP weapons are Carb 9, Gerund, Sea Eagle, and Ritchie revolver
Also Heavy is pretty useless and light body types are the best.

jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell on Tue May 24, 2011 10:31 am

So I can pick say medic, and then change that char into a soldier later on, and then perhaps an engineer later on? I don't need to create say 4 different chars?

+ Sorry, I mean great video and don't take it the wrong way, but that is cheating 100% (using the console to speed up time and sit there and level up) Wink Im gunna earn it the right way Razz
steveompowell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 on Tue May 24, 2011 2:36 pm

Of course it's cheating but I really disagree with RPG elements in FPS games and before the patch the game would randomly delete your character. They fixed it anyways but I shouldn't have to level up a character in a FPS game that should be about skill and not time played.

You can respec your character put you loss a level when you do so.
jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell on Wed May 25, 2011 2:06 am

So far, extremely enjoyable and well worth the money. However one thing is irritating the crap out of me...

Two words...

Early Launch ... yea the mission. The retarded AI running all over the place, with 2 objectives that have 2 enterances and the enemies have mutiple hot shooting spots + a revive point next door... this is the most irritating mission I have ever seen in a game, and this is with me and Rbgilgs Co-oping it! Its still impossible because its basicly 2 vs 6.

Ugh... in mutliplayer its much better because most people stick together, but Jeeze...

Mad

However, I would highly recommend this game. I would predict this becoming the next TF2 if they can fix the small bugs fast enough and maybe even get a memorable map out Wink
steveompowell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiralShot on Tue May 31, 2011 4:29 pm

I picked up Brink this weekend. Just got it installed last night but haven't played it much yet. Did you guys start out with the campaign or just jump online? I kind of like playing any SP stuff first (if it is worth doing) to get the feel of the game, learn the ropes, and get my config sorted out.
SpiralShot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 on Wed Jun 01, 2011 3:28 am

Play the challenges first. The AI scales with your level so if you don't do them early they will be impossible when the AI starts to get more abilities. As for the Campaign it makes no difference wither you play it online or offline but you'll have an easier online. You can find a game with everyone on the the same side against bots if you look if you don't want to start off against humans.
jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiralShot on Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:28 pm

ah! good to know. Man, I am having a hard time with this game for some reason. Nothing seems to work like I expect, from switching between weapons to using abilities or items.
-- Like grenades - as I currently understand it, I can choose between two default types of grenades (molotov or frag?) to use. Using a grenade depletes the same resource bar that I need for my class's special ability/buff? I can't seem to use grenades or buffs unless the meter is almost full. Maybe I am confusing two separate meters?

also, I think my sense of scale & range is going to need adjustment for this. I think I am trying to fight from too far away.
SpiralShot

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell on Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:39 pm

almost funny how easy it is to sneak behind enemies as a covert, by stealing someones ident. I played half a game disguised as a person... and I stood next to the person whos disguise I stole for at least 5 mins of it! He didnt evenb notice, let alone his teammates.

Seriously, noone reads or pays attention in a game which needs it Wink
steveompowell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum