In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 19 on Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:44 am

I got a working wool farm going

View previous topic View next topic Go down

I got a working wool farm going

Post  jswizzy84 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 2:57 am

After much science and theory crafting I got a working wool farm up and running in the northern part of the map.
It's very basic right now because I wanted to make sure the mobs would spawn before I put more work into. So I managed to harvest 5 stacks of white wool with it in it's current state in a reasonable amount of time so I am going to go ahead and green light the project to get it working efficiently.

If you know how to build a baconator or know how to do friendly mob sorting I could use your help.
The plan right now is to build a observation tower to allow mobs to spawn and have a sorting system kill off the pigs and chickens leaving the sheep. Getting rid of cows would be nice but I don't want the sheep to fall into the system.

Im basing my farm off of ethos's sheep pen and docm77's wolf separator. There shouldn't be any wolfs spawning as the biome seems to mainly spawn sheep.

Also Don't place torches anywhere near grass around this thing

last part
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjbUpy1UM_4
http://www.youtube.com/user/EthosLab#p/u/10/kTPd8Nfh6uo
jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I got a working wool farm going

Post  steveompowell on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:39 pm

Will this possibly damage spawn rates elsewhere? I know that neutral spawns do have a server spawn cap which is significantly less than that of hostile spawns. Just asking Razz
steveompowell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Woojitsu on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:46 pm

steveompowell wrote:Will this possibly damage spawn rates elsewhere? I know that neutral spawns do have a server spawn cap which is significantly less than that of hostile spawns. Just asking Razz

If this is to be a community resource, I'm not sure that it would matter much. It's certainly more efficient than my current wool-gathering strategy: run around spawn all night punching stray sheep.

Woojitsu

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  steveompowell on Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:51 pm

Eh, call me old fashioned, but thats how I do it.

I honestly don't agree with grinders one bit, they feel a bit like an exploit. I don't care they are there, I don''t care if people use em. just don't mess with the natural way of doing things for old school survivors like me Wink

The closest thing I have ever done to a grinder is my compact treefarm and cobble generator. Even then I feel like I am working the system sometimes.

I used the grinder in AMC once, walked away with several stacks of sulphur, and honestly, after blowing the tnt up, I felt completely unsatisfied because I didn't earn it the hard way, I got it by standing afk for an hour. :/
steveompowell

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 on Tue Apr 19, 2011 1:30 pm

It's not a grinder its more of a pen or pasture that has traps that helps pigs and chickens commit suicide leaving only cows and sheep. Building a friendly mob grinder in SMP is next to impossible.
jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saranneth on Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:01 pm

Swizzy, is your wool farm open to the public? If so may I set a warp up out there?

Saranneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jswizzy84 on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:12 pm

Yea it's open. I just need to pretty it up and a kennel needs to be built.
jswizzy84

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saranneth on Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:19 pm

Well if you build a kennel/building or whatever I'll put up dye trade signs in it Smile

Saranneth

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum