Atlantis Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Donate
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 169 on Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:08 am

space town

+3
Woojitsu
Attypwn
eraticus
7 posters

Go down

Spawned sphere

space town Vote_lcap38%space town Vote_rcap 38% 
[ 5 ]
space town Vote_lcap31%space town Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
space town Vote_lcap31%space town Vote_rcap 31% 
[ 4 ]
space town Vote_lcap0%space town Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

space town Empty space town

Post  eraticus Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:51 pm

So I had this really cool idea for after frontier town. I spawned in a giant 120 diameter sphere of iron blocks. The idea is that it will be a complete space station/ship that has crashed and have a full biome/park inside, buildings, ship docks on the outside, maybe some engines. A mass transit system inside everything self contained. I know some people are not cool with the idea of spawning something like this but if you guys wanted we could always just use this as a template and replace it as we build with harvested materials. Let me know how you fell about this.

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

space town Empty Re: space town

Post  Attypwn Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:18 pm

Id say I think its legitimate as long as someone isnt benefiting off it. If youre using it just to create an enclosure and people arent going to be tearing blocks off it to make armor, I dont see the harm in spawning it.

As far as how itll look in the world... I guess I wouldnt know until I seen it. What if we covered the top section with dirt to turn it into a hill so it wouldnt be visible as a giant iron sphere, but rather a giant mountain? Im assuming that its half going to be underground, and half going to be pretty much right up to the sky limit. On the other hand, it might just look cool leaving it as is.

Thirdly, Im trying to think of how we'd emulate 'space' type stuff. Sounds like more wool and possibly iron? Obviously dirt or cobble isnt going to fit in well. Some of the shapes might be a bit difficult. Im down though.
Attypwn
Attypwn

Back to top Go down

Post  Woojitsu Sun Apr 17, 2011 10:24 pm

I don't know about making it into a "mountain," but we should probably pile up the land on one side of it and hollow out on the other to give more of a "crash" feel to it. Otherwise, it's just a giant dome. Which could still be cool...

Woojitsu

Back to top Go down

Post  ItsBagels Sun Apr 17, 2011 11:53 pm

Has to be completely closed. Can't have a hole in your ship while in space, haven't you seen total recall?!?!

ItsBagels

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenfor Mon Apr 18, 2011 11:43 am

This sounds like an awesome idea!
Tenfor
Tenfor

Back to top Go down

Post  SpiralShot Mon Apr 18, 2011 1:33 pm

I like the idea. I think it would be fine as long as it isn't directly visible from other distinctly themed areas that you don't want to break the feel, or if you were to combine some of the suggestions and pile up dirt around one side like it crashed, that would help screen it (if needed) from one direction. It would also be cool to blend it into the history of Minecraft Atlantis somehow.

As for spawning the blocks, I am fine with it for certain stuff. Too much and you end up with giant diamond robots everywhere, and lava houses, etc. which I think is what most of us want to avoid, but I don't think anyone wants to NOT have cool stuff to see and work on.

questions:

1) what will the interior be made of, cause if we stick with iron blocks, i'd bet that is more than we could ever mine. Would it be possible to do some basic sectioning out of iron blocks that are part of the hull and would provide a few floors & walls. I think, if you do that, the sectioning would be appropriate to the ship (i.e you would have a cargo space (maybe with a bay that is how you get in and out) an engine space, and the crew living space. I am not suggestion building those out with the iron, or anything else. Just that the interior space of the ship be minimally subdivided into a few smaller spaces using the hull material. From there it would be up to "us" to use the space the best we can. A bit of a fun challenge perhaps.

2) how to secure the blocks? I think, if possible it might be good to make the hull blocks unbreakable. This would add to the sense of the hull/ship as a single thing too. I don't know if you can do that though... Set a sphere of blocks unbreakable, but keep the space inside unlocked?

It also occurs to me that the inside would be an excellent playground/setting for using pistons whenever they get added. What if this was set up to "open" for construction whenever they get added, like a special event? Have the sphere/hull in the map where everyone can go look at it and think up some plans, gather up supplies etc. Then it would be like black friday at wal-mart when it opens.

SpiralShot
SpiralShot

Back to top Go down

Post  eraticus Mon Apr 18, 2011 3:47 pm

well the sphere is out there now about 1200 blocks SE of spawn. You can see it on the map. For perspective it's slightly larger than emerald city was but a sphere.

I totally see a build like this including pistons, Imagine star trek doors opening and closing for you woooot! I would say the interior should all be legitimately acquired resources plus reused iron blocks from the hull that we would remove for making docking bays, engines ports, windows, whatever.

You couldn't protect the individual blocks and allow building inside it. If you wanted to tie it into the theme of atlantis ship crashes, settles the city of atlantis which then sinks and the survivors expand outwards to create the primitive modern world. Smile

If you want to go check it out go for it just don't build anything there as I only put it there to see what people thought of the idea. I think everyone agrees the idea is cool the only part bumming anyone out is the idea of so many blocks being spawned. If someone has a suggestion of how to achieve this same thing in a legit way now would be a great time to make a suggestion Smile I really think this is a build a lot of us would be excited with.

eraticus
Admin

https://minecraftatlantis.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Tenfor Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:25 am

If we make it a crash site maybe we could do a roswell/area 51thing.
Tenfor
Tenfor

Back to top Go down

Post  Saranneth Tue Apr 19, 2011 11:21 am

Just in case anyone wanted to go take a loot I made a warp to the dome yesterday
/warp Spacedome will put you outside a tiny doorway I cut in it so you can see both sides of the beast.

Saranneth

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum